Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What is inspiring me today?

I have been reading a great book called 100 Flowers to Crochet and Knit by Lesley Stanfield. I borrowed it from a friend six months ago (yes, Jen I have remembered it's yours!) and will have to invest in my own copy soon I think.

None of my flowers look at all like these I must admit as I have substituted wool types, needles and crochet hooks; I have taken parts from one flower and combined with another. The flowers in the book are more "anatomically correct" but just as I am not inclined to political correctness, I've forgone botanical anatomy for art's sake. Here are a few to look at - these have been made into brooches and the sizes range from 7-10 cm across.








A wider selection can be viewed here.

No comments:

Post a Comment